slow to feather 6 week old...Roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by cabot, May 22, 2010.

1. cabot

cabot Chillin' With My Peeps

This is a 6 week old columbian wyandotte . It was bought as a pullet from my pet chicken. It's no smaller than others of the same hatch date, just naked and very strange looking ! I don't care if it's a roo, I just want some feathers.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I feed Blue Seal medicated poulty starter, they have some time on the lawn and a few dried meal worms and veggies, All the others are almost completely feathered in...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What do you think?

2. suzyq53511

suzyq53511 Drowning in Chickens!

Apr 30, 2010
    Beloit
    my pet chicken says NOT to use medicated chick starter!

3. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    That strut just slays me.... [​IMG] ! I have no idea why but her little no feather self would quickly be a favorite! Thanks.

Micah

4. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    It looks like a pullet from the size of the legs, but that is not normal feathering, even on a roo. It also appears that she's not growing much. (or really really slowly) I have no idea why it's not feathering in though.

5. cherylcohen

cherylcohen The Omelet Ranch

Sep 18, 2009
    SF East Bay CA
    I have a barnevelder that has been slow to feather out. Definitely a girl and smaller than the rest. Just make sure it gets enough food and it will feather out fine, I'm sure

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Quote:Why not? It's all I use (can't get non-medicated type here). Nothing wrong with it unless they are vaccinated for coccidiosis. The meds are just to prevent cocci.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by