Sluggish chick

Holmes' Homestead

In the Brooder
9 Years
Dec 14, 2010
Schuylerville NY
I just received 18 chicks yesterday morning. They shipped from Ohio on Tuesday, and I finally received them in NY yesterday. They all seemed healthy and active, fortunately, but today I noticed one of the meat birds is just laying around. I picked her up and it looks like she has a bare spot with a little red showing through on her chest. I'm assuming some of the other chicks were pecking at her at some point, but I'm not certain since this is my first time raising chicks. Is there anything I can do for her? She's not responding to much. Many thanks for your help and suggestions.

I am so sorry for your loss.

hugs.gif

Thanks. They all seemed fine yesterday and last night, but today I noticed the one not moving very much. I just emailed Meyer's, I don't know what their policy is if any die the day after you receive them. They guarantee a 100% live delivery, but I asked them about the day after. We'll see what happens.

Holmes' Homestead I am so sorry!
sad.png
Although, this does seem to happen from time to time with shipped babies, it is still heartbreaking. Do you have any electrolytes to mix in with thier water? It may be a good idea to do for a few days to give them strength. Big hugs to you and I hope that all of the rest are healthy and happy and that you enjoy your new babies!

Back
Top Bottom