Sluggish chicken that walks slow and sits

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by shannycam, Nov 12, 2015.

1. shannycam

shannycam New Egg

Nov 9, 2015
    Please help me!
    We have a chicken that is 1.5 years old that we noticed that has been just sitting all day for two days now in different spots. She has never been broody so I don't think that's it. She usually follows the other chickens and runs when she sees us. But rather she is walking around slow alone and sits in different areas. She is molting and has lost neck and tail feathers. Do you think it's egg bound or a disease. What can and should I do immediately. DO NOT WANT HER TO DIE.

2. boskelli1571

boskelli1571 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 7, 2011
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Please look in the Learning Center for egg bound. There is a very good article by Two Crows that may help you determine if it is egg binding.

1 person likes this.
  3. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    @shannycam , welcome to BYC? Can you take her to a vet?

-Kathy

4. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
  5. shannycam

shannycam New Egg

Nov 9, 2015
    Thank you Kathy! Really do not know of any vets near by and hate to pay a lot of money for them to possibly tell me they do not know for sure. I think we will treat her with Corid liquid.
    Shannon

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by