Sluggish Hen

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by WolfShadow1, Nov 19, 2010.

1. WolfShadow1

WolfShadow1 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 19, 2010
    I have a 1 1/2 year old hen Pekin duck that was fine up until about 2 weeks ago....somewhere around November 2, 2010. She has always been feisty and happy and followed us around. For some reason she has stopped egg laying but eats just fine. She has been resting more than usual. Her poop and appetite appears normal but she just doesn't act like she feels good. Anything I should look for? I am quite puzzeled and worried. [​IMG]

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Might be time of year for the egg laying. Is she molting that could be why she doesn't fee good mopey. I have Muscovies and the girls stopped laying in September and they just went through a big molt too. Hope that is what is going on with yours.

3. AndreaS

AndreaS Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Hurdle Mills, NC
    With no other symptoms, all I can think of is some form of parasites. Have you wormed her? Checked for mites?

4. WolfShadow1

WolfShadow1 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 19, 2010
    My little girl seems to be feeling chipper this morning but still no egg. I do recall the last two eggs she laid were really elongated. Longest eggs I've ever seen. Anyway, we did a thorough coop cleaning, pool cleaning, dish cleaning and hope that will help. You guys are great for moral. Thanks for your suggestions! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by