SLW babies- PIC HEAVY!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Wyandotte103, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Wyandotte103

Wyandotte103 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2012
    My henhouse
    [​IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

My day old SLW babies came today!! They are so amazing!!! You can post pics of your babies on here so I- and I guess I'll have to share them;)- so we can share the excitement!! I love my babies so much. Want to see your SLW babies and others too. I want to know how old they are, where you got them, breed, and what you plan to feed them. I will set the bar:

Breed: SLW
    Where: Hoovers Hatchery, Rudd IA
    Feed: St. Ansgar Mill chicken food ( right now they are on sprout chick crumbles!)

My brother has 2 Americanas, I have a mystery chick, and 6 SLWs in there.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  2. Xovan

Xovan Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2013
    Oneida County , NY
    Glad you finally got your wyandottes! We get ours in April so I am by no means an expert. I have read so many threads on here over the last few months I can't even count. What I have read is newspaper is bad. paper towels are good. They can't get a grip on the newspaper. (Again this is from all the reading I have done not personal experience.) Also I was wondering why you chose Hoovers Hatchery. I finally decided on Cackle for my SLW and GLW's 5 each and went with a breeder for the BLRW's So we are going to have a Wyandotte rainbow here. I am curious to see the difference form Hatchery and breeder Birds.

3. Wyandotte103

Dec 29, 2012
    My henhouse
    My hatchery birds probably won't turn out amazing, but I would like them for pleasure. Also I think they seem to get along fine on newspaper though maybe someone else had a different experience. Thank you!!

4. Wyandotte103

Dec 29, 2012
    My henhouse
    Did you get your chickeas yet!?

5. Xovan

Xovan Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2013
    Oneida County , NY
    Yes they hatched 2 weeks ago today. Check out my profile and see the picks. I have to get more as you know they grow so fast!!!

Hope yours are doing well.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by