SLW boy?

TXchickenchick

Chirping
May 7, 2015
Floresville, TX
I got two slw chicks from tractor supply. They are about 4 1/2 weeks now. These are such strange little chicks. Neither really has much of a tail but one has significantly more than the other. This made me think the tailess one is a cockerel but the other one has a larger comb and neither comb is pink or significant. They have really fuzzy necks whick I found odd, as well. Any guesses on the sex of these odd little chicks?

I got two slw chicks from tractor supply. They are about 4 1/2 weeks now. These are such strange little chicks. Neither really has much of a tail but one has significantly more than the other. This made me think the tailess one is a cockerel but the other one has a larger comb and neither comb is pink or significant. They have really fuzzy necks whick I found odd, as well. Any guesses on the sex of these odd little chicks?
They actually both look like pullets to me. Last year I got 2 and they ended up being a pair. Here they are at about 5 1/2 weeks, the male is getting little pink wattles and his comb is much redder than her's.

pullet

Back
Top Bottom