SLW GENDER PICS

cheeptrick

Songster
12 Years
May 1, 2007
New Hampshire
Hi all,
I'm so terrible at this...but can anyone give me any idea as to gender? I've never had this breed before and henderson's said they are early maturing??...but my guess at 9 week old compared with another same age and breed top two photos is ROO. What say you all?
I think ROO...
roll.png

DSC05676.jpg

Another of ROO straight on....
DSC05677.jpg

Girl?
DSC05679.jpg

Another Girl side view...
DSC05678.jpg

Thanks for looking !!

HEY siz...THANKS...I guess I am getting better. Pat from SNL comes to mind when I'm trying to guess sometimes!! LOL
gig.gif
he.gif

I'll see on Saturday!! I think the kiddos are going with DH to that Medievil Fair at Cheshire Fair Grounds...I'm SO going to miss them all while selling soap and chickens...NOT!! They will have a better time at the fair though!!
D.gif

hu.gif
is it sat. or sun? either way I will be there. I dont think my kids are coming they are gonna stay home this time!

Ok...you got me...I'm terrible at my calendar...teachers say the same about DD!! LOL WHAT day is it today?? LOL You just made my DH's day...the whole family is going to the Fair now!!

THANKS...I do not know what I would do without all these lovely people around me keeping me straight!!
hugs.gif

Fair on Saturday

Chickenstock on Sunday!! See you then!

B~

I am glad you posted those pictures.
I have 11 week old SLW and I was worred Edna was an Ed. Now I think I may have all girls!
They are about 5 weeks in this picture.

DSC_0054.jpg

Edna is on the far right with the "Are you looking at me!" look on her face.

It is definitely tricky to guess with Wyandottes. I had 4 GLW and all were supposed to be pullets. But around 5-6 weeks their combs started getting red. I was so worried they were all roos. as they aged, I noticed one for sure was a roo. His comb was much wider and more bumpy. The other three had red combs and waddles, but their combs were more smooth. I sold the roo and 2 pullets. I keep one but still the comb kept getting larger and redder. I was still not completely sure it was a pullet until she layed an egg.

My point, pullets thinner and smoother comb. Roo, wider and bumpy comb.

Back
Top Bottom