SLW GENDER PICS

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by cheeptrick, Sep 10, 2008.

1. cheeptrick

cheeptrick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Hi all,
    I'm so terrible at this...but can anyone give me any idea as to gender? I've never had this breed before and henderson's said they are early maturing??...but my guess at 9 week old compared with another same age and breed top two photos is ROO. What say you all?
    I think ROO... [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Another of ROO straight on....
    [​IMG]
    Girl?
    [​IMG]
    Another Girl side view...
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking !!

2. siz8003

siz8003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    you got it right! one boy and one girl. [​IMG]

3. cheeptrick

May 1, 2007
    New Hampshire
    HEY siz...THANKS...I guess I am getting better. Pat from SNL comes to mind when I'm trying to guess sometimes!! LOL [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'll see on Saturday!! I think the kiddos are going with DH to that Medievil Fair at Cheshire Fair Grounds...I'm SO going to miss them all while selling soap and chickens...NOT!! They will have a better time at the fair though!! [​IMG]

4. siz8003

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    [​IMG] is it sat. or sun? either way I will be there. I dont think my kids are coming they are gonna stay home this time!

5. cheeptrick

May 1, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Ok...you got me...I'm terrible at my calendar...teachers say the same about DD!! LOL WHAT day is it today?? LOL You just made my DH's day...the whole family is going to the Fair now!!

THANKS...I do not know what I would do without all these lovely people around me keeping me straight!! [​IMG]

Fair on Saturday

Chickenstock on Sunday!! See you then!

B~

6. ILoveJoe

ILoveJoe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2008
    Northern Kentucky
    I am glad you posted those pictures.
    I have 11 week old SLW and I was worred Edna was an Ed. Now I think I may have all girls!
    They are about 5 weeks in this picture.

[​IMG]

Edna is on the far right with the "Are you looking at me!" look on her face.

7. siz8003

Jul 31, 2007
    Fitz.,NH
    those look like all pullets to me.

8. shy

shy Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2008
    It is definitely tricky to guess with Wyandottes. I had 4 GLW and all were supposed to be pullets. But around 5-6 weeks their combs started getting red. I was so worried they were all roos. as they aged, I noticed one for sure was a roo. His comb was much wider and more bumpy. The other three had red combs and waddles, but their combs were more smooth. I sold the roo and 2 pullets. I keep one but still the comb kept getting larger and redder. I was still not completely sure it was a pullet until she layed an egg.

My point, pullets thinner and smoother comb. Roo, wider and bumpy comb.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by