1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Slw helpor Ro0?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by marcy0718, Apr 12, 2016.

1. marcy0718

marcy0718 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2016
    Florida
    5 - 6 week old silver laced wyandotte can anyone tell me if they think this is a roo or a pullet? comb is more orange than in the picture and no watttles yet?[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. StarMeKritten

StarMeKritten Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2013
    Moore County, NC
    Looking like a pullet so far.

3. marcy0718

Mar 18, 2016
    Florida
    I hope so[​IMG] thank u for answering[​IMG]

4. StarMeKritten

Dec 28, 2013
    Moore County, NC
    You're welcome. Post a few more photos in a week or two and I can be a little more certain in my answer. :)

5. marcy0718

Mar 18, 2016
    Florida
    I will thank you do you know Much about what I think is a light Brahma?

6. marcy0718

Mar 18, 2016
    Florida
    So sweet and adorable much smaller then others but got same time maybe a week younger[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. StarMeKritten

Dec 28, 2013
    Moore County, NC
    I've never had brahmas, so I'm not confident sexing them at that age, especially since they are a slower maturing breed. It does look like a light brahma to me though, assuming the legs are feathered.

8. BaileyMChicks

BaileyMChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2015
    Wisconsin
    Yes it is a light Brahma. It has a pea comb and the right coloring and size(from what I can tell...I've only gotten a few in the past, but it looks like one to me) Are it's legs feathered? ( I'm certainly not an expert on this breed so if I'm wrong please don't murder me lol)

9. marcy0718

Mar 18, 2016
    Florida
    Yes baileymchicks feathered feet just scared it might b a roo.and won't murder u lol just has slow growth feathering on the back area and the feathers are a lot courser seems like not soft like my black sex links or silver Wyandotte's.itsalmost my favorite and flies to me and is a lap chick [​IMG]cant have a roo where I live ;(

10. BaileyMChicks

BaileyMChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2015
    Wisconsin
    It looks like a pullet to me right now. I hope it stays that way :) I would hate it if I lived somewhere where I couldn't keep roosters. I live out in the middle of nowhere basically and my neighbors don't care. Once one of the neighbors about a quarter mile-half mile away had one of their bulls get out and come to our barn....He was a sweetheart..His name was Curly. They butchered him because he kept getting out. So yeah I don't think they would care about some crowing. Which I'm glad because my roos are like my favorites in the flock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by