Songster
9 Years
Aug 15, 2010
Maryland
6 month old SLW:

65545_thelma_004.jpg

65545_thelma_001.jpg

65545_thelma_002.jpg

Thank you so much for your input! I sure do appreciate it! I live in a suburban area and am not allowed to have roosters! The sooner I can figure this out the better. If it is indeed a rooster, I want to try my very best to find a good home. I just reeeeeeeally hope it's a hen!

Edited to add pics....

Last edited:
Here is a little background on why I am even questioning it. This is Thelma, for the past week she has been going after another hen Rose (speckled sussex) that just started laying. Thelma has not layed an egg yet. Thelma has always been the queen bee of my 5 hens. She's been chasing after Rose and today I let them out of the run and Rose was still up in the coop laying an egg. When she finished, she joined the group and as soon as she walked up to them, Thelma (the slw) attacked her and bit the back of her neck. Rose is so scared of her she has been staying away from the group and whenever Thelma comes near her she squats down or runs away from her.

Do you still think she is a hen? Maybe I need to seperate her for a few days to take her down a few notches? Thanks for any and all advice!!!

It's a girl. My SLW is really really bossy also!! this is her at 18 weeks - she is 24 weeks now and just now has gotten red wattles/comb.

P1010135.jpg

Last edited:
Definitely a girl. One of my SLW is the leader of the pack and it sounds like your pullet is wanting to be in charge.

Back
Top Bottom