SLW Pullet or Cockerel??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Chick named Lola, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Chick named Lola

Chick named Lola Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Maryland
    6 month old SLW:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you so much for your input! I sure do appreciate it! I live in a suburban area and am not allowed to have roosters! The sooner I can figure this out the better. If it is indeed a rooster, I want to try my very best to find a good home. I just reeeeeeeally hope it's a hen!

Edited to add pics....

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  2. buildingmyark

buildingmyark Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Louisiana
    I say it's a hen. Skinny legs, pinkish comb and I don't see any rooster-like feathering.

3. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Hen [​IMG]

4. Mrsfoote

Mrsfoote Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2010
    Laurel Montana
    Beautiful Hen .....

[​IMG] my SLW hen Lacie Mae

5. tammyd57

tammyd57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Looks girly-girl to me, very pretty and such a sweet face!

6. Chick named Lola

Chick named Lola Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Maryland
    Here is a little background on why I am even questioning it. This is Thelma, for the past week she has been going after another hen Rose (speckled sussex) that just started laying. Thelma has not layed an egg yet. Thelma has always been the queen bee of my 5 hens. She's been chasing after Rose and today I let them out of the run and Rose was still up in the coop laying an egg. When she finished, she joined the group and as soon as she walked up to them, Thelma (the slw) attacked her and bit the back of her neck. Rose is so scared of her she has been staying away from the group and whenever Thelma comes near her she squats down or runs away from her.

Do you still think she is a hen? Maybe I need to seperate her for a few days to take her down a few notches? Thanks for any and all advice!!!

7. Raven81

Raven81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2010
    Te Anau NZ
    [​IMG] girl

8. PeakyBeaky

PeakyBeaky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Bellefonte, PA
    Just being a Bossy hen.

9. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    It's a girl. My SLW is really really bossy also!! this is her at 18 weeks - she is 24 weeks now and just now has gotten red wattles/comb.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  10. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    Definitely a girl. One of my SLW is the leader of the pack and it sounds like your pullet is wanting to be in charge.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by