SLW Pullet or Roo?

Kenshan1

Songster
9 Years
Aug 13, 2010
Bonney Lake, WA
So I finally got an ok picture. One of the SLW has a redder crown & starting of woddles then the other 2. Just wondering what you all thought? We're not sure on age but guessing about 7-8wks.

Shannon

65421_imag0573.jpg

65421_imag0572.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, I'd say pullet too. By 8-9 weeks, my SLW roo had big very red comb/waddles compared to others. I do have some that developed waddles, but not red and not very large.... Hth

The other thing I forgot to mention but could be just this bird. It likes to peck at your hand before it lets you pick it up. Several times it has done this. My daughter doesn't like it but I tell her it doesn't hurt (yet) & that if she backs away the chicken knows you are afraid & it won. We don't want the bird to win so we just keep our hand there & pick it up. Only the one with the redder crown does this. One of the Marans has tried pecking at our hands but since they all look the same with no color difference there yet I can't tell which one of those it is. This SLW is for the moment easy to pick out with the redder stuff.

Shannon

Back
Top Bottom