SLW Roo in PA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Portia, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Portia

Portia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 29, 2008
    South Central PA
    I need to rehome my 6 month old roo b/c my little dog is afraid of him. He has sired a currently hatching brood of chicks and is wonderful with his girls. I hope someone is interested, he's a sweet boy most of the time.
    I will take a picture of him tomorrow and add it to this post.

2. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    where in Pa? I'm in NJ and have 2 SLW hens, but no roo....depending on where you are, I'd consider it.
    Lisa

3. Portia

Feb 29, 2008
    South Central PA
    I'm just north of Lancaster, which is about 90 miles west of Philly. If you are really interested we might be able to work something out
    btw he is wonderful with his hens, very gentle, caring and diligent

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  4. Portia

Feb 29, 2008
    South Central PA
    No ones interested in a 6 mo old SLW roo, eh? I'll have to go take some pictures to show off how handsome he is.

5. chickenlisa

Apr 9, 2007
    please do show pics- I'm in the process of weeding out/rehoming/selling/trading some of my hens and roos- and am just about finished. Still was hoping to find a Sumatra Roo for my 3 hens and a few Sultan hens or pullets for my 2 Sultan Roos. But the SLWs are gorgeous too and I've got my 2 gals in with the Sultan boys right now...maybe we can work out something...any ideas?
    Lisa

6. Portia

Feb 29, 2008
    South Central PA
    I'll post a pic as soon as the battery for my camera recharges [​IMG] If I can get him to a good home I'm willing to do some driving.

7. Portia

Feb 29, 2008
    South Central PA
    Ah the boy would not stand still! Here's what I could get of the rascal [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. chickenlisa

Apr 9, 2007
    If he's pretty nice to people, I'd love him. He's gorgeous! want to PM me with details? There are 2 matching gals here eager to meet him...
    Lisa

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by