SLW Roo or hens

Thank you Michael and Chichsurreal,I'm a newbie and went with the coup that said 6-9 birds,. However, it's 6X4 ft. So I will be adding on before long.
No I don't see them picking at each other, just jumping or challenging each other alot especially when I let them out. Do 7 week olds molt?
Thanks again
Geri in AZ

Thank you Michael and Chichsurreal,I'm a newbie and went with the coup that said 6-9 birds,. However, it's 6X4 ft. So I will be adding on before long.
No I don't see them picking at each other, just jumping or challenging each other alot especially when I let them out. Do 7 week olds molt?
Thanks again
Geri in AZ

You're welcome, and definitely expand the size of that coop. :eek:)

Thanks again
Geri in AZ
You're welcome! Yes, 7 week old chicks are still growing, so they will continue to lose feathers and grow larger ones as they grow up. The amount of new feathers that they go through as they grow is amazing!

I've noticed that there is a lot of challenging going on as they get older, that's normal. They're trying to establish a pecking order for the flock and it has to pretty much work itself out.

Expanding your coop will help too, they need space.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom