SLW Roo X Buff Rock Hen-Golden Comet Hen-SLW hen??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Blackout8538, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Blackout8538

Blackout8538 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 17, 2011
    Does anyone know what a SLW roo breed to a buff rock or golden comet will look like I, I have some chicks that are going to hatch-Will there be any lacing at all on them? Also will a SLW Roo to a SLW female be just regular SL wyandottes or will I get some solid colors in their offspring? thanks

2. jeslewmazer

jeslewmazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2009
    Mississippi
    I don't know about what the crosses will look like, but I would think that at least some would have some sort of lacing. Breeding a pure SLW roo to a pure SLW hen will produce SLW offspring. In my opinion if you get solid colored birds from that, then either they are not pure or are of poor quality (as far as SOP), but they would still make great backyard chickens.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011
  3. Blackout8538

Blackout8538 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 17, 2011
    ^^^thanks thats what I thought, will just have to wait and see

4. Countrypunk92

Countrypunk92 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    Portland, tennessee
    You will most likely get diffrent colors from the buff rock and SLW.
    Like a buff rock with silver lacing, or a wyandotte with buff color and slight lacing.

You will always get a pure bird if you mix two of same breed together, like SLW and SLW will produce SLW. or Barred rock with barred rock will produce barred rock, In order to get a solid color you will have to breed two solid color birds together and still be pure.
    But with buff rock and SLW most likely a few might be a solid color. but most will have lacing of some kind.

I hope this helps.
    Good luck.

5. Jay262

Jay262 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    Its hard to say when crossing a hybrid. I crossed a leghorn male with a golden comet female and got 5 white chicks and one barred one. The white ones are a variety of male and female and the barred chick is female.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by