small business owners

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by MetalSmitten, May 18, 2010.

1. MetalSmitten

MetalSmitten Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    bloomington, indiana
    Does anyone on here run a small time business, like selling things on Ebay/Etsy or anything else like that? What do you do? [​IMG]

2. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I sell on Etsy in 2 shops, I sell Tupperware and co-own a garden shop that is open in the spring. I own a gift shop and sell at craft fairs.

3. Foleys

Foleys Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Toccoa
    Me and my hubby create and sell fused glass art.

4. Morgaine

Morgaine Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    I make handmade soaps. I do sell online, though not very much. I do much better when I do festivals and such.

5. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    I sell vintage and antique items on etsy. Which reminds me, I need to get busy listing!

I used to sell at art/craft festivals, all stained and etched glass, but DH is only off on the occasional weekend so I keep those open now.

ETA: I used to sell on ebay a lot, but they have gotten so negative for sellers that I refuse to do business with them anymore.

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  6. MetalSmitten

MetalSmitten Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    bloomington, indiana
    wow, i dunno why but i'm pleasantly surprised at how many people on here also sell on etsy [​IMG] i'm gonna have to come check out your shops! how's it been going for you guys? do you use any of the social networking sites to market yourselves?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by