Small Chicken Coop

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by NoseyChickens, Nov 27, 2010.

1. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Chicken in a Box

PICK UP ONLY

This fully portable chicken coop is great for beginners, small backyard flocks, broody or grow-out coops. It measures 3 ½ x 3 ½ feet, giving your birds just under 12 ½ sq feet of living space. Optimum living space for chickens is 4 sq feet per standard size bird and 2 sq feet per bantam sized bird. So this little coop is perfect for 3 standard or 6 bantam chickens.

The coop includes a built in feeder, nest box, and roosting bar. Made out of a solid wood shipping crate, this coop comes entirely apart for easy transportation. Easy to move and easy set up. There are windows on three sides protected with hinged wooden shutters which can be opened or closed depending on the weather, and giving you ample ventilation at the same time. Windows are covered with wires mesh for predator protection. The front of the coop can slide right off to allow for easy cleaning without disrupting the top or other three sides. The door to the coop closes with a latch and doubles as the entrance ramp into the coop for your birds. See my BYC page for more pictures of these coops in my yard.

All you need to complete your set up will be a waterer and the chickens themselves! This would be a fantastic holiday gift for those looking to start out with chickens or someone that wants to add to their flock.

LOCAL PICK UP ONLY ~ NO SHIPPING

Front of Coop
    [​IMG]
    Feeder
    [​IMG]
    Nestbox
    [​IMG]
    back
    [​IMG]
    With Front open for cleaning
    [​IMG]
    With Ramp/Door Closed
    [​IMG]
    Feeder/Roosting Bar
    [​IMG]
    Roosting Bar/ Nestbox
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  2. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Gah! wish you were closer! [​IMG]

3. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I think I'm close enough.... And I can pick up Sunday or Monday... Seriously thinking of this!

4. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    We are down near Edwards AFB near Lancaster and Palmdale. I think it would be a 5 hr drive from Sacramento.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by