1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Small Chicken Tractor- What Do You Think? $6OO

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by PepsNick, Jan 21, 2011.

1. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    We bought this coop in March for $600. Yep, six hundred! WAAAAAY over priced IMO. It was from our feed store. Just wanted to share what it looks like with you. Now that we're getting ready to expand the flock, it is becoming a sick/injured coop. What do you think? We recently added that run and chair. It is not our current coop, right now it's empty (chicken math).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Well, it's a cute enough tractor - looks fairly easy to move, but $600 [​IMG] is WAY overpriced.

3. catdaddy66

catdaddy66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2009
    Lugoff, SC
    It is definitely a keeper but you could have one made or built it yourself much cheaper. I like that it will become the sick/injured ward or your breeding pen, even! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  4. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Quote:I think it would also work great for a broody coop. The upstairs is pretty much four big nests, very dark and private. But then, I have other plans for that.

5. nwfl

nwfl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2011
    Northwest Florida
    Well now you have a model to go by for your next coop! You might be kicking yourself for the money spent but trust me my hands are swollen and aching from wire after we build. Have fun with birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by