Small dot of blood in stool

Kirmi8

Chirping
Apr 27, 2021
Hi - is this something to be concerned about? 40 chickens. Everyone is bright and alert - I haven’t notice anyone off. Recently dispatched a rooster that was terrorizing everyone, so I was curious if chickens can have stress issues that may affect their stool. Things are much calmer and back to normal since that rooster has been gone. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 3FDE805D-EFBA-4FFA-ABE6-E5F6CEB0BFF8.jpeg
    3FDE805D-EFBA-4FFA-ABE6-E5F6CEB0BFF8.jpeg
    648.8 KB · Views: 1

dawg53

Humble
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Nov 27, 2008
Glen St Mary, Florida
Hi - is this something to be concerned about? 40 chickens. Everyone is bright and alert - I haven’t notice anyone off. Recently dispatched a rooster that was terrorizing everyone, so I was curious if chickens can have stress issues that may affect their stool. Things are much calmer and back to normal since that rooster has been gone. Thanks in advance!
That is shed intestinal lining, it's normal on occasion. If it becomes frequent, it would be best to get your birds started on Corid. Ensure waterers are clean and feces free.

Kirmi8

Chirping
Apr 27, 2021
That is shed intestinal lining, it's normal on occasion. If it becomes frequent, it would be best to get your birds started on Corid. Ensure waterers are clean and feces free.
Thank you!
Yep, I am fairly diligent about keeping their waterer and feed clean (and the roosts and such).

Top Bottom