small egg little egg that is the question

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Kerrie Ann, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Kerrie Ann

Kerrie Ann Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2011
    Berkley , Ma
    I have 5 golden comments lately one of them has been laying a very very small egg what does this mean?

2. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    Are they young layers? If so, search for "wind" or "fart" eggs on here... very informative! [​IMG]

3. Kerrie Ann

Jul 22, 2011
    Berkley , Ma
    What does that mean? I was trying to ask a question to see if something is wrong with one of my cheickens.

4. M.sue

M.sue Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2011
    Michigan
    Quote:Look it up, will tell you about young pullets and small eggs. A small egg is referred to as a Fart.

5. Kerrie Ann

Jul 22, 2011
    Berkley , Ma
    Thank you I am still new at this.. I will look it up.

6. kerrysmommy

kerrysmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2010
    My house :]
    M.sue :

Quote:Look it up, will tell you about young pullets and small eggs. A small egg is referred to as a Fart.

unless its a silkie egg which are very small but they do have fart eggs some times and they are super tiny!!!!!​

7. M.sue

May 29, 2011
    Michigan
    Quote:Your welcome!

8. Kerrie Ann

Jul 22, 2011
    Berkley , Ma
    Why does a fart egg happen is their something wrong?

9. M.sue

May 29, 2011
    Michigan

unless its a silkie egg which are very small but they do have fart eggs some times and they are super tiny!!!!!

Are Silkies eggs smaller than a Bantams? I have a small Bantam and her eggs look so small next to my standard girls eggs. It take s2-3 of hers to equal one of the standards in the fry pan....I still love her though!

10. M.sue

May 29, 2011
    Michigan
    Quote:How old are your girls? Sometime it takes their system a bit get totally rolling when they first start laying and sometimes it just happens. I can't say for sure, someone else might have the correct answer but I wouldn't worry about it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by