1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Small Egg Trays? Picture.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SterlingAcres, Jul 10, 2008.

1. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I was taking some pictures of the appliances the previous owners left here so I could post them to Craigslist... and I found 4 trays.
    They're about 8x8 inches and the 'wells' are small enough to hold a quail egg. I wonder if that's what they're really for? They were in the freezer, do they make half round ice cube trays? [​IMG] Either way, I figured these might work for an incubator? Any ideas?

[​IMG]

2. robinaggie

robinaggie Flew the Coop

May 25, 2008
    Texas
    Yep, they're ice cube trays. Maybe if you drilled holes in the bottom of each well you could use them for quail eggs.

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Send them to me. I'll test them for hatching quail eggs. [​IMG]

4. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Quote:LOL! Well, I'll split them with you if you really want them. I'm going to see if they work with a hole drilled in them, since I brought the nice big chest bator with me [​IMG] I'm waiting on duck eggs at the moment and hoping Jody responds about my chicks. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by