Small Egg

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by jwatts, Dec 12, 2011.

1. jwatts

jwatts Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    [​IMG]

Can a 3-4 month old chicken lay an egg like this? Can anyone explain it? Thank you

2. TroutsChicks

TroutsChicks Fluffy Stuffins

Jun 5, 2011
    baxter Tn
    wow! [​IMG] what a beautiful fart egg! I haven't had any...just double yoker goose eggs! no explanation...just a goof in the egg dept of the hens..some have yolks some don't. blow it out and make it into a chirtsmas ornament [​IMG]

3. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    Yep, basically a fart egg. [​IMG] They happen once in a blue moon, so nothing to worry about. [​IMG]

What a lovely colour, by the way! This msut be the chocolate eggs that people are always talking about, beautiful!

4. TomG

TomG Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Lake Oswego
    Four or five more and you can make an omelet! Beautiful color, and congrats.

5. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    ray's two cents :

Yep, basically a fart egg. [​IMG] They happen once in a blue moon, so nothing to worry about. [​IMG]

What a lovely colour, by the way! This msut be the chocolate eggs that people are always talking about, beautiful!

X2 I get them too every once in awhile. Most of the time they don't have a yolk.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. jwatts

Apr 16, 2011
    Wow,thats weird.. i never heard of a Fart egg..

7. jwatts

Apr 16, 2011
    Are these ok to eat?

8. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    Quote:That is just a crude description of a hens first eggs. It changes fairly fast, as subsequent eggs will be bigger. But first eggs are very exciting. Congratulations on your first egg. [​IMG]

9. bugkiller

bugkiller Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2011
    ontario
    I got one like that couple days ago from my chicken that was laying every other day. Since she laid the "wind egg" she has laid an egg every day.

[​IMG]

10. RedIII

RedIII Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2011
    Tooele, Utah
    I've seen one before from a hen that had been laying for at least a year. So far as I know, they're perfectly safe to eat, just kinda flukey.

Sorry for the poor image quality. This is several years old and I didn't know how to work my camera properly, eheh [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by