small eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mtlbnder, Aug 7, 2011.

1. mtlbnder

mtlbnder Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2011
    i have 6 white legg horn's and 6 red sex link the red's are a couple week's younger than the white
    one's one of the white one's started laying the other day [​IMG] just for me to find a very small egg just a little bigger than a ping pong ball [​IMG] and it seems to only lay every 3 days any answer's any one although small they look good

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  2. Jloeffler

Jloeffler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    Northeast NC
    I think it sounds like she's getting started for you. I believe it can take awhile for hens to get egg production down! Sounds like it's on the right track though! Congratulations!

3. Jloeffler

Jul 22, 2011
    Northeast NC
    I think it sounds like she's getting started for you. I believe it can take awhile for hens to get egg production down! Sounds like it's on the right track though! Congratulations!

4. Jloeffler

Jul 22, 2011
    Northeast NC

5. Jloeffler

Jul 22, 2011
    Northeast NC
    Sorry! Duplicated entry!

6. mtlbnder

Apr 26, 2011
    [​IMG] thank you very much for your input. cleaned there coop today a couple of them are making more noise and going in and out of the nesting boxes . i guess i am just over excited to have them laying eggs . they are a lot a fun to feed and watch and the kids really enjoy them as well . and it's also a learning experience for all of us

7. zippitydooda

zippitydooda Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2010
    Ottawa, Ohio
    Quote:The thrill never really goes away! It's like Christmas every day when you go in and check out how many eggs you got! Wootwoot! I love being a chicken caretaker! They are so generous. [​IMG]

8. kinsey228

kinsey228 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    Chesterville, Maine
    My Leghorns' eggs started out small, but I get 3 3oz eggs everyday. (Large eggs)

9. mtlbnder

Apr 26, 2011
    thanks all for the input . we enjoy them alot . had i known i would have mixed them up from the start. i would like to get a couple of black australorps but i dont want to have to order 15 of them . maybe one or to of another kind egg layers . any sugestions prefer the more docile one's because we do handle them . and the 12 we are good the red sexlink are more friendly than the white leg horns. except when i go out there with treats then there all there climbing all over me its to funny . we have 6 white leg horns and 6 red sex link . charlie our dog . buster our cat. and six fish that are trying to out grow the tank . and we are from lake county ohio.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by