Small eggs

ClickerChick

Songster
9 Years
Apr 13, 2012
SE Washington State
My duck (Lizzie) has been laying irregularly-sized eggs. They're usually a lot bigger than a standard chicken egg. A couple days ago, it was smaller than a standard chicken egg! Calcium's fine, no shell problems, just small eggs! Any ideas?

Thanks!

My duck (Lizzie) has been laying irregularly-sized eggs. They're usually a lot bigger than a standard chicken egg. A couple days ago, it was smaller than a standard chicken egg! Calcium's fine, no shell problems, just small eggs! Any ideas?

Thanks!
Might just be were she is in her laying cycle, I see this sometimes at the end and then sometimes when they start back up after a rest. even with my chickens too.

No I don't mean molt, my Scovy's will lay for about a month then they will stop laying for a bit I call that resting their bodies for the next batch of eggs, there's probably some scientific name for it but anyway . when they get towards the end of this cycle their eggs are smaller and even sometimes when they begin to lay again one will have a smaller egg than normal for them, I really don't think it's anything to worry about as long as the egg is solid and looks good. I even see this with my chickens.

Back
Top Bottom