Small flock of PET quality silkies (Tx) - Now just FREE ROOS!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by kbbeale, Apr 3, 2009.

1. kbbeale

kbbeale Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2007
    Adkins, Tx
    Near San Antonio. I have 10 or so pet quality silkies (bearded and non bearded). White, black, really nice splash roo......assorted colors. I emphasize pet quality, because these are culls that will not be used for my breeding program and I do not feel they are of breeding quality. Just nice birds for a nice pet home. :)

Would prefer them all go to one home, since everyone just wants hens, I dont want to be left with roosters I cannot use. Roosters are free. The entire flock of 10 I will sell for $100. They are around 4-5 months old, so they will be laying soon!!!

PM me if you'd like to come see them!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2009
  2. australorpchick

australorpchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2009
    Canyon Lake, TX
    Just PM'd you.

3. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Y'all need to join the ASBC and start showing with us! Since Texas is a closed state, we NEED more competition in the Silkie arena! C'mon! You know you want to!

4. kbbeale

Oct 26, 2007
    Adkins, Tx
    Christopher - I have a very nice flock that I believe would show well - if you have any information, I'd love to have it. We cant travel far, but if there are any shows relatively close by, we'd love to give it a whirl.

PM me if you have some info.
    Kristen

5. kbbeale

Oct 26, 2007
    Adkins, Tx
    Thanks to the people that came out today!!! Now, of course I am left with some roosters that will be FREE to good homes! I have a nice splash rooster, a white rooster and a black one.

FREE pet quality silkie roos...........PM me if you're interested.

Kristen

6. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    man Ive been watching thisand its killing me I would have taken all 10 of them!!! bummer your in TX~

7. kbbeale

Oct 26, 2007
    Adkins, Tx
    Bummer!!! Everyone just wants HENS.......sigh. Everyone cleaned me out today and I was able to get rid of 2 roosters, but I have these left - if anyone needs any adorably cute silkie roos - let me know!!!!!!!!

8. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    It appears it's the hens getting all the glory and their eggs but without the roos..there aren't any fertile eggs [​IMG] If you were local I would have snagged them all just to have my own personal pets...I'm not into showing --way to new at this..silkies have just really caught my eye for sweet looking snuggle bugs! Of course I may feel differently once I get bitten by one! ahahahah

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by