Small Flock on the Olympic Penisula

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by wattle it be, Oct 11, 2011.

1. wattle it be

wattle it be New Egg

Oct 11, 2011
    Greetings BYC,

My name is Ian. We have 12-orpingtons (1-being a rooster) and 3-Rode Island Reds. We hatched 2-of the 3-reds from the
    3rd red. Found 1-of the reds dead under the coop Monday 10-10-11. Past week its wattle and comb has shrunk. It has been isolating
    from the flock. Eating and drinking with little enthusiasm. I checked the gullet and vent for obstructions. I not sure I know what to look for. We purchased all the Orps from a hatchery and hatched the reds from one hen. I am concerned about the rest of the flock. This website wonderful resource.

2. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    [​IMG]
    I hope you find all the answers to your questions here! It is a very helpful forum. You might want to try posting in the other sections for your specific questions [​IMG]
    I love your username, by the way [​IMG]

3. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    best of luck.....and [​IMG]

4. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!!

5. CheekyChicky44

CheekyChicky44 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 12, 2011
    Tacoma, WA
    [​IMG] Hello, I am in your area in Tacoma. I hope that you find a solution and agree that you should repost in emergency section. I have never heard of this but I am also new, and there are many experienced chicken enthusiast on this site who might be able to help you. Best of Luck!

6. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

7. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from WA. glad you joined us [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. dsquawker

dsquawker Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2011
    Bluegrass State
    Interesting occurrence with your RIR. What do you think happened? Anyway, welcome and glad your here to find answers like all of us. Good luck and nice to meet you. Angela (dsquawker)

9. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG] from the Finger Lakes of New York! Sorry for your loss, but happy to have you with us.

[​IMG]

10. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello from Kansas, Ian and [​IMG]. Sorry to hear about your sick chick. Best of luck getting her better - I'm sure the answers are on BYC! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by