Small hanging waterer?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Frundette, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Frundette

Frundette Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2012
    NC
    I'm having trouble finding a waterer for my three bantams. I've just been using the chick waterer, which is plenty big enough. But tends to get dirty quickly. So I want something small that hangs.

The smallest hanging waterer I can find is a gallon. Does anyone sell a smaller one?

2. Bear Foot Farm

Bear Foot Farm Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2008
    Grifton NC
    Most waterers need to sit on a solid, level surface
    I've never seen one designed to be hung

Raise yours up on bricks or build a platform to set it on.

3. Frundette

Frundette Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2012
    NC
  4. NotableNancy

NotableNancy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    I've never seen a hanging waterer smaller than a gallon size. I have one similar to the one you posted and it's great.
    I'd get that one or as Bear Foot stated, build a platform for the one you have.

5. jimmywalt

jimmywalt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2013
    Build yourself one of these. Easy to do and inexpensive. Use any size bottle you have, a coat hanger and a Chicken nipple off Ebay (5/$1.99 shipped from China).

Make sure to poke a small hole in the bottom of the bottle so that air flows and the nipple works - See black circled hole in 2nd picture.

I had this in my brooder box when they were chicks and I moved it inside the coop earlier in the year for a short time.

Works great. No mess, and no poop in the water.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by