Small Japanese Bantam Roo - FREE - Named: Nearly Headless Nick

vfem

Yoga...The Chicken Pose
11 Years
Aug 4, 2008
Fuquay Varina, NC
I have a small japanese bantam rooster who's just over 15 weeks old. He's a crower! He's also sweet... and a runt... and I was going to throw him in the freezer, but he just rubs me the right way screaming 'PET ME'! So I couldn't do it....

He's grey and free for pick up this weekend. This is my last go trying to give him away... then I will have to do the deed. He wiggled out of it Saturday night... but next time, I'll just have hobby do it.

As you can see... I want and need him gone this weekend!!!!

Last edited:
Well I caught him tonight and told my hubby if he wanted to 'do him in' he was free to. So he is sitting in a dog kennel on our deck. He's way to calm and submissive for me to do it. I'll let you know if hubby does it, or we wait until tomorrow night. Either way... I'll be here all day tomorrow canning jam if someone wants to come get him.

Wish you were closer too... just not as much as he wishes you were!!! LOL

Well, hubby has out the hatchet and I have him in the dog kennel until this evening I think. Couldn't help himself but crow all morning wanting out of that thing... and hubby has run out of patience.
sad.png

After watching Harry Potter today, we've named the Roo Nearly Headless Nick... he was not amused!

Gosh, I can't believe you are going to kill him just because he is doing what is natural....

We have 2 japanese white black tailed bantams, and they are just GORGEOUS!!!!!

I am not killing him because of what his does naturally... I have tried to give him away for weeks now. I have 5 more roos that are 5 weeks old that need to go too. I actually have twice as many roos as I do hens. I have to keep a balance. 7 Japanese Bantam Roos and only 4 pullets is not a fair number.

The crowing is because he is mad at me for putting him in the dog crate all alone today.

We've ended up with too many roosters too. We do what we can, we make it work with what we have. I just hate to see people post that they are going to kill their chickens. I have fallen in love with ours. They are like our kids, we could never hurt them, even if there are too many roosters.

I would love to take the rooster, it will be saturday the 17th before I could go after him. If you can't wait I understand.
Have a great day,
Steven.

Well hubby did the deed last night, and he is in a water solution in the fridge. We're going to eat him though, we do not waste a good bird. We raised him healthy, and we are planning on eventually raising some meat birds, so its something that will be done. Not all my chickens are pets. I have a handful of silkies who are named and pets only... I will have some Japanese bantams as pets as well.... but I will not get attached to all my birds as some needs to be food. He was just way friendly or I wouldn't have thought twice.

Back
Top Bottom