Small mixed chick order?

You can order a small number of chicks (I think 3 or more) from MyPetChicken.com. However, its a bit costly to do so. A better option would be to order, with some other interested people, from another hatchery, and then split up the chicks (since the minimum order is usually 25).

Check the local feed supply stores. Some have quite a few varieties available, usually requiring that you purchase a minimum of 6 chicks, which is not such a bad idea as chickens are flock animals. There is a local hardware store near me where I can order any breed that the hatchery has available. The good thing is that the hatchery overnights the orders to the hardware store, so I get the chicks faster than if I were to place my own order with the hatchery.

Do you want a specific breed of chicks, or just a mixed colorful flock?

You can also go to your state's thread and ask around. A lot of folks hatch chicks to sell in the spring.

Check the local feed supply stores. Some have quite a few varieties available, usually requiring that you purchase a minimum of 6 chicks, which is not such a bad idea as chickens are flock animals. There is a local hardware store near me where I can order any breed that the hatchery has available. The good thing is that the hatchery overnights the orders to the hardware store, so I get the chicks faster than if I were to place my own order with the hatchery.

Do you want a specific breed of chicks, or just a mixed colorful flock?

You can also go to your state's thread and ask around. A lot of folks hatch chicks to sell in the spring.

I'm looking for specific breeds. The farm I picked up my two RIR from will have some of what I'm looking for available next week some time. A Barred Rock and a Wyandotte.

And thank you for the heads up to the states threads. I never knew we had them!

Back
Top Bottom