Small pullet run / mini ARK

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by bnentrup, May 25, 2010.

1. bnentrup

bnentrup Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Central Indiana
    I figured I would post this for a good option to get your pullets out in your yard/contain/move/protect. It is fully enclosed in wire, and makes it easy for them to be transported to an outside area or simply put on grass and allow them to forage (they eat the grass between the wire space).
    [​IMG]

2. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Is this going to be kept inside an already fenced area or supervised by you??? I would be very worried about any kind of predator as that would not keep ANYTHING out.. Now if its in your fenced back yard then thats awesome..

3. bnentrup

May 5, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Quote:I made this for when we are outside and to transport them from one area to the next (I am still not keeping them outside at night even though some are 7-weeks old).

4. CoopCrazy

CoopCrazy Brooder Boss

Mar 3, 2009
    Columbus,IN
    Quote:I made this for when we are outside and to transport them from one area to the next (I am still not keeping them outside at night even though some are 7-weeks old).

Cool... Just looking out .. i like it and the size would be awesome to leta few babes out at a time...

5. bnentrup

May 5, 2010
    Central Indiana

Cool... Just looking out .. i like it and the size would be awesome to leta few babes out at a time...

only problem is.. I used mesh which means 'medium-size' only. I have a bunch of 1-week old chicks, and I just take a few out in the yard at a time with me. The daughter loves watching them. The benefit of the enclosure is that it buys me enough time to run at a dog/cat if they come in my yard before **bite** -

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by