Small Rant--atm "ate" My Card!

Rare Feathers Farm

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
Pleasant Valley, (Okanogan) WA
My Coop
My Coop
So I went to the bank to put in my paycheck and it asked if I wanted an envelope. I said yes and it spit one out. It had a place to write in the date & your name. I put my deposit slip in with my paycheck, licked it shut and as I was writing in my name, the screen turned black and it told me time had expired (it was maybe 15-20 seconds). Oh and I have to climb & in out of the truck because the drive-thru is too low for me to be able to sit in the truck and access the ATM. Then, the ATM stole my debit card! It wouldn't give it back!!! It didn't even offer to spit it back out!!!
he.gif
What a PITA! So now, not only do I not have a way to deposit my paycheck--I don't have any access to my money that's in my account, either!
barnie.gif
ARRRGHHH. Well, I have checks & "chicken money" but that's supposed to go towards coops & more birds.

Oh and because of the 3-day weekend, I'm out of luck until TUESDAY as far as talking to anyone or getting any help.
somad.gif

I decided to call & report my card as "lost/stolen," because I was fearful maybe the machine would spit it back out to someone else! Which means even if I got it back on Tuesday, it won't work and I have to shred it & wait a week for a new one to come in the mail which I have to activate and then wait for a new pin number to come in the mail.
rant.gif

I can totally empathize with you! I just had my card broken by a machine! I put it in, did my transaction and when it spit my card back out it was sliced right down the middle!

I've had that happen to me before... only it was my fault..
I couldnt remember my PIN number.. and i punched in the wrong pin a few times.. so it sucked up my card
I had to go back to the bank the next day and get my card back...
hmm.png

Quote:
Yup...
And even worse.. standing at a register cashing out at a store and not remembering your PIN.. and the cashier giving you the hairy eyeball..like i stole the card or something..
Then making a fool of yourself, turning beet red..stuttering and saying.. "i SWEAR its my card... i just cant remember the pin because i usually have my husband do the shopping" And the people behind you getting all impatient and annoyed with you.. ...

Had a buddy have that happen on a school trip to mexico... His parents got him one of those visa check cards, set a pin, and he forgot it, machine kept the card and he had to bum cash off us while waiting for it to be fixed.
roll.png
Guy was not a light eater either.

i totally feel for ya all been there too. my husband used my child suport card at a bank in town and he lost my card in the machine cuz the strip was bad it ate it. 2 days later i went to use it and couldn't find it ripped whole house a apart to look for it fineally remembered i had him use it at the bank. went to go get it and it was gone they sent it to headquarters to be incinerated because it was not a card from their bank and they couldn't return it to me it was against company policy. i had to report it lost/stolen pay $5 to replace, took 10 days to get and activate and couldn't use it to pay my bill in time i was mad. payed by check but bounced it cause my card with money on it was not back in time.

he did it again like week later after i just got my new card (this time he forgot it in machine and someone turned it in to the bank)boy was i poed, same place again. well we went back down 10 min later and it wouldn't give it back so i went into the bank. lady wouldn't give it back told me it was sent to headquarters to be destroyed i through a fit said it's impossible it is still here he was here less than 10 min ago. she argued with me i asked for a manager, omg she was the manager. i reamed her up one side down the other cuz she was very rude to me. i said i'm not leaveing without my card. i have to pay bills and this is not the first time u people have done this. if i didn't have the money that day my gas would have been shut off in the cold and i have 5 kids so i had to get the money to pay that day. i told her it was a goverment issued card and that money was for takeing care of my child, and i needed the money on it or my child wouldn't have heat, told her she was not a goverment worker she had no legal right to keep it or destroy it. i also told her if it was not returned to me i would file a lawsuit against her and the bank for theft and anything else i could charge them with,lol. after about an hour argueing i fineally had enough she said if i didn't leave she was calling the police i said i'll do one better i'll call them for ya,lol i had my cell in my hand. she flipped stomped off to her office said tell her when cops get there and slammed the door shut in our faces.

cop came i told him what happened he didn't know me and i didn't have a photo id so he wouldn't make her return it less i could show it was my card. fineally he says go home find ur wallet bring me back some kinds of id so i can make her give it back to u because honestly i don't think legally she can keep or destroy it but it will make her happy so she shuts up and u'll be happy to have ur card back. well my support card has my now married name on it and i never changed my ss and stuff when i got married so my last names r different my legal name is not same. so i went home found bills and mail for my married name and couldn't find anything else with that last name cuz i didn't have a pa liceance or id everything else had my legal name on it for state issued liceances. so i showed em what i had and she refused cause everything had my legal last name on it that was useable she says that means this is not u and omg she had my card in her hand. so she did lie to me it was right there whole time on her desk. so i argued it was me one was my first married name and i got divored and card her machine ate was my now married name cuz i didn't change it but i go by both. so i had it out with her another round in front of the cop after he went in her office and they had it out. i said my bank is 2 doors down go ask them who i am my account has both last names on it and they will vouch for me. she refused to call them she wanted me to open an account at her bank. i refused to open account i had one with her bank before and left it because of many problems before it's why i use the other one for last 8 years. i couln't use it at mine cuz it only accepts bank cards not other cards which is why i paid a $2 fee to use it where i did. he asked my husband how he knew me he says that is my wife. he says ok i'll settle this now. he told my husband to show his drivers liceance he says i will vouch for this man yes i know him and if he says this is his wife and his last name is same on the card as it is on his drivers liceance u have to return her card. 3 hours later, and the cops called he shows his id and boom i get my card back, rotfl. she was furious through my card on the table said here sign this it was returned to u and don't ever let me catch u useing another card not belonging from our bank in our machine again cuz if it eats it again i will not return it again it will be destroyed. i had never been so furious and embarred in my life i made sure i made a sceen on the way out as i left, lol. i told my husband u ever use my card in that machine again, i'll beat u.
barnie.gif
i said to him wow wonder if she believes me now that i wasn't leaveing her bank without my card.
gig.gif
oh and i did get my bill paid so all was good.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom