Small rooster scared?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mrkep, Nov 9, 2010.

1. mrkep

mrkep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2010
    Richwood , Ohio
    Couple weeks ago I culled the roo population. I thought there were 10 (they wouldn't stand still for a head count) so I sent 9 to freezer camp. There was a little roo hiding among the hens and he got to stay along with the one big, gentle roo that I wanted to keep. Now the smaller one ( Lil Bit) runs away from the big one (Big Boy) and hides in the coop. DW observed this tonite and wants me to do "something" to protect Lil Bit. I told her that's the way with chickens, he will keep out of the way or Big Boy will whup him. So should I let nature take it's course or eat Lil Bit? I'm afraid that if Big Boy kills him and DW sees it she will freak out. There are 13 girls in the coop/ run. The coop is 8' X 8' and the run is 24' X 24'.

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I'd eat him. [​IMG]

3. ellieroo

ellieroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    For what its worth I have a small/tiny oegb that lives with and terrorizes [​IMG] 2 BCM and 2 Welsummer roosters.I would save them but it is sooo funny to watch this tiny terror chasing these great big roos across and the pasture! Honest end of the tale they have worked it out and seem to be fine! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by