1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

smaller in size and no toenails and curled toes..... HELP

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ragerkid2, Jun 8, 2011.

1. ragerkid2

ragerkid2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Johnstown Pa
    Hi all!
    I have 9 light Bahamas and one of them only has two toenail on each foot. (each foot has four toes) and she is smaller than the rest of them. She also has like a curled toe.... ? Its weird. Will she be okay and will she be able to thrive? Can I eat her eggs when she gets older? She is more skidish than the rest also. If you could give me info on her life and how she will be. What about foraging for food? I let them free range all day and they go into the brooder at night. We did have some temp. issues in the brooder at the begging (too HOT) but she didn't have toenails to begin with. Please help!
    ~Brandon
    EDIT- she is about 10 weeks old by the way...

Last edited: Jun 8, 2011
  2. ragerkid2

ragerkid2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Johnstown Pa
    Anyone????

3. Wildflower_VA

Wildflower_VA Chillin' With My Peeps

If she has made it to 10 weeks, she will probably be okay. The only thing I can see that she would have a hard time doing is scratching for bugs and worms when she is free ranging. I think she will find a way to cope, since you will be meeting her food needs with feed. There is no reason that you couldn't eat eggs that she lays.

4. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

I agree. One of my hens has curly toes but she scratches anyway, just limps a little. She's a good layer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by