1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

smallest egg I have ever gotten ( PIC's ADDED )

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by al6517, Jan 29, 2009.

1. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    I have seen folks post pic's of their tiny eggs before, but this one I got during today's collection. I thought wow that's neat, it was just so small I had to show you folks. I do have some young standard NHR's that are just starting to lay, so one of them is must be the culprit.

AL

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  2. DouglasPeeps

DouglasPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
    I love getting those small eggs. We got quite a few of them when our hens started to lay last summer. Some of them had a yolk in them and some didn't.

3. CTChickenMom

CTChickenMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2009
    SE Connecticut
    Imagine having a breed of chickens that laid eggs with no yolks. [​IMG] Wouldn't that make eggs...fat free?

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Don't know if it would make them completely fat free, but there would be a market for them! No doubt... Tiny little egg. cute.

5. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Quote:Mahonri :

By the way nice avatar change, you picked a good one. why Cosmo??

AL

6. CathyB

CathyB Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    PA
    I get them on occasion! I love cracking them open and seeing the little bitty yolk in there!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by