Smart phone app

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Koturnix_AW, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Koturnix_AW

Koturnix_AW Out Of The Brooder

Sep 13, 2010
    Is there a app for this great wed site? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask.

2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Nope, not yet... still no app for that. [​IMG]

BTW, what would you like to see the app do? I use an iPhone to access the main BYC site and the forum and it works fine on that device.

3. Koturnix_AW

Koturnix_AW Out Of The Brooder

Sep 13, 2010
    It would be faster to access the wed site and able to get updates such as questions I posted on the forum all in the app not with emails.

4. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    I'm still dying for an app for my blackberry. Something where I could keep up with all the threads I subscribe to, and maybe get my PM's like instant messages or texts... kinda nice when I'm out ranging with the chickens. Though I do just go right to the website on my browser when I'm out all the time. I think a good app would make some of the major things going quickly with the socializing.

Not that we should socialize TOO much....

Ok... Deb... or someone... save me from my rambling... I'm digging myself a hole again! LOL

5. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Quote:I have a BB too and understand where you are coming from. I have to magnify each page, then scroll side to side to read the post. I have trouble posting too but I think thats because I am technologically challenged [​IMG]

6. Leah and peeps

Leah and peeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2009
    Canada
    I think BYC would be a great app! I recently checked the i pod touch/ i-phone app store to see if there was a BYC app. It would be fantastic if we could get one! [​IMG]

7. oliviad51

oliviad51 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2009
    North Carolina
    I also have a blackberry and I think it would be great to easily access the website without having to go to the browser. I'm usually on BYC a lot, and I think it would be great to be able to get updates from my phone :)

8. Duramaxgirl

Duramaxgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2010
    Idaho
    I only have internet access with my BB storm... All you blackberry people have you tried Opera Mini? It works with BYC just great for me... An app would be sweet though!
    My 200th post yay [​IMG]

9. Pineywoods Peepers

Pineywoods Peepers Certified Poultry Accruer

A photo upload feature would be nice. I take pics from my phone I'd love to be able to upload directly to the site.

10. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    Quote:X's 2.

I have a droid and it is fairly easy to get on here from it, but I would love an app to make things easier.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by