1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Smell the fresh bread?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by PlymouthRocker, Oct 24, 2009.

1. PlymouthRocker

PlymouthRocker Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Plymouth County MA
    I just made sourdough bread dough in the breadmaker. I made 16 rolls and they are baking in the oven. MMMM. The smell is divine. Oh, it doesn't hurt that I have turkey in the oven too. I often make Sunday dinner on Saturday.

Stacey

2. Eggs4Sale

Eggs4Sale Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    [​IMG]

(getting dressed for dinner, I'll be there soon)

3. PlymouthRocker

May 7, 2009
    Plymouth County MA
    Come on over! Bring the pie!

4. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    I'll be right there with apple pie! [​IMG]

5. Eggs4Sale

Jun 29, 2009
    I've got a headache right now. Can I just stop at Sam's Club on the way there and pick up a pie? We can use it as a door stop.

6. PlymouthRocker

May 7, 2009
    Plymouth County MA
    Sorry about the headache. Come on over anyway. We've got a guest room and you can take a nap after the turkey is gone. [​IMG]

7. Eggs4Sale

Jun 29, 2009
    The irony here is that we are processing our two turkeys tomorrow....

When they're in the oven, I'll have to figure out how to make sourdough bread!

8. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    I've been playing with a sourdough starter these last couple of months myself. Sort of backed into it, but it's been fun. Just took the latest batch out of the oven in fact.

Did you take a photo?

.....Alan.

9. henryetta

henryetta Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2009
    san diego, cali
    ok....will it help if i kindly *beg* for a recepie for that bread and/roll recepie (i do have a bread maker if thats needed) and the starter for the sour dough???.. I tried starter just a month ago and dont know what the heck im doing wrong, but something cause so far, not so good. surly hopen for some help here...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by