Smelly chick diarrhea

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Banty Beauty, May 27, 2009.

1. Banty Beauty

Banty Beauty New Egg

May 26, 2009
    Lake Superior area
    I have a three week old Banty. It came home with "cake butt" from the feed mill. I had to give it a bath a few times already! I thought for sure it was going to die or it was going to be one tough chicken! Anyways, I have tried the sand and oatmeal remedy, which worked for a while but the diarrhea is back with a vengeance! Now it is brown and smells awful! Any other suggestions? And no I haven't been feeding medicated, maybe I should?

Last edited: May 27, 2009
  2. ~*Sweet Cheeks*~

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Medford, Oregon
    They do have different kinds of poo and some is runny brownish or runny orangish and very smelly. And runny, I mean like thin pudding. Occasionally, my standard chicks that are now out in the coop/run will have real runny poo. I think it depends on what they've been eating.

There is a really great site that shows all the different poo. Maybe someone can post it. I don't have it saved to my work PC but do have it bookmarked at home.

Good luck with your little ones.

3. Banty Beauty

Banty Beauty New Egg

May 26, 2009
    Lake Superior area
    Thanks so much!

4. cochinbantam-lover

cochinbantam-lover Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Wisconsin
    You're very welcome! [​IMG]

5. Gonzo

Gonzo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Southwestern, In
    [​IMG] That site is UNBELIEVABLY helpful!! Thanks. I would have never thought a site like that would exist! [​IMG]

6. schrefflers

schrefflers Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2016
    PA
    Very helpful! Thank you..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by