smoked salmon platter

hispoptart

Free Ranging
12 Years
Apr 14, 2011
NW Colorado
I am making a smoked salmon platter to take to my inlaws for thanksgiving. Everything I read says to use toasted bread bites. Can I use something like triskets or some other kinds of crackers? Or should I stick with the bread?

Yes you can use mild tasting crackers for your Salmon Platter. The bread is nice, but it isn't the only thing to use. As I said before mild flavors would be the most important part of choosing something to serve the smoked salmon. You probably don't want strong competing flavors.

The Triskets would work, or a cracker like Carr's. Carr's makes a pepper cracker that would be very good with Salmon. Even a soda cracker would work. A club cracker is another option. Ry Krisp is also an option.

Thank you so much for the ideas, I think I may go with a bit of both bread and crackers. I am also going to add cream cheese, capers, chopped red onion, sliced lemon, sliced olives, grated egg white and yolks, sliced cucumbers and some crushed pineapple. Does that sound like a good variety?

Back
Top Bottom