smoked salmon platter

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by hispoptart, Nov 21, 2011.

1. hispoptart

hispoptart Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    NW Colorado
    I am making a smoked salmon platter to take to my inlaws for thanksgiving. Everything I read says to use toasted bread bites. Can I use something like triskets or some other kinds of crackers? Or should I stick with the bread?

2. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    Yes you can use mild tasting crackers for your Salmon Platter. The bread is nice, but it isn't the only thing to use. As I said before mild flavors would be the most important part of choosing something to serve the smoked salmon. You probably don't want strong competing flavors.

3. hispoptart

Apr 14, 2011
    NW Colorado
    Thanks for the advice, so if I were to use crackers what do you think might be good choices?

4. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    The Triskets would work, or a cracker like Carr's. Carr's makes a pepper cracker that would be very good with Salmon. Even a soda cracker would work. A club cracker is another option. Ry Krisp is also an option.

5. hispoptart

Apr 14, 2011
    NW Colorado
    Thank you so much for the ideas, I think I may go with a bit of both bread and crackers. I am also going to add cream cheese, capers, chopped red onion, sliced lemon, sliced olives, grated egg white and yolks, sliced cucumbers and some crushed pineapple. Does that sound like a good variety?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by