Snake Pics! (feeding pics, watch out!) DUW.

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by theOEGBman, Jan 17, 2008.

1. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Hey Guys!

Well, I got the snakes out to feed today, and decided to snap some pics. I didnt feed Chester, as it wasnt her feeding day, but I'll take pics of her on Monday as well, (Plus my new male!).

Irwin. The little sucker tagged me for the first time today! Tagged = bit. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He sure looks happy in this pic,lol.

[​IMG]

This little guy is Corwin. I usually dont feed him in his tub, but I did today because I was taking pics of the rest. He's my little problem feeder, so I didnt want to bug him with tons of pics.

[​IMG]

This is my sweet girl, Sui. She's just awesome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is Hannah!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see, the best way to photograph is snake is when it's mouth is full!

2. Roux

Roux Chillin' With My Peeps

Your corns are BEAUTIFUL!!! You obviously take *very* good care of them. [​IMG] [​IMG] Looks like Corwin is going to be a gorgeous adult...but there's not a single one in that group I'd turn my nose up at.

Are you just feeding once a week at this point?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I remember my friend had a problem feeder, it would always get the pinkies on the side... and then just give up! :eek:

Your snakes are looking good!

4. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Thanks, Roux! I definitely try my best, they are my little leg-less children,lol. Yeah, Corwin has some serious Orange on him. Corwin, Sui and Hannah are all full siblings, believe it or not! They are definite het. Hypo, possible het. Lav. I'm actually feeding them every 5 days. Kathy Love advised it, so I listened,lol. She's who I got these 4 from. Irwin and Sui got 1.5 pinks today, and they both took them perfectly. They are getting pretty big, but I didnt feel they were big enough for two pinkies yet. I wanted to see if they would eat more than one first.

Silkie, he wasnt really a problem feeder, he just regurged twice. So he's really tiny, he didnt gain any weight for over a month once. He's finally eating fine now, but its just so stressful! Thank You!

5. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    Man those are some pretty snakes, great colors!!! They look so bright and healthy.

6. Roux

Roux Chillin' With My Peeps

Right on!!! Kathy is soooo great - we get to see her a couple times a year at the big shows and I'm always blown away by the animals she produces, not to mention her killer photography!

I'm glad you're feeding every 5 days...can't go wrong listening to the Corn Queen, and Kathy definitely knows her stuff. Sometimes folks bring baby corns to us that they're only feeding once every 7 days, and just tiny meals & wonder why they're not growing...they have such fast little metabolisms & can handle a good amount of food, relatively speaking.

Again, your snakes are just lovely & the picture of health. You should really give yourself a pat on the back for doing such a great job with them!!! [​IMG]

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Irwin is very handsome, Jordan! Nice markings. Yeah, he did look like he was happy for dinner!

8. Wooden_Pony

Wooden_Pony Chillin' With My Peeps

I am SO GLAD dd is not home right now she wold be bothering me AGAIN about a Cornsnake.

Thanks Jordan for posting these pictures you know you just made my life impossiable. [​IMG]

Hey, sorry I did not know it was you at the Chicken Show! Once I was told that you were there you had left already.

9. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    WOW!!! Great looking snakes you have there!! And a fabulous job with the pics!! I wish I could have a snake, but DH says absolutely Not!! Such a stick in the mud he is![​IMG]

10. ilovemychickies

ilovemychickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow! Those are beautiful snakes! You must take very good care of them. And your pics are wonderful!

P.S. Do you feed your snakes live pinkies? ( I have always wondered if cornsnakes eat live or frozen ones.) [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by