Snap, Crackle, POP!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rodriguezpoultry, Sep 9, 2009.

1. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    That's the noise I heard this morning when I bent down to get a piece of paper off of the floor.

Something in my knee stretched or tore and I'm telling you it HURTS. I can't bend my knee forward, yet ironically can bend it backwards and it feels better!

I JUST had surgery on this knee August 2008. Luckily, I only have to work a 4 hour 30 minute shift today but it is going to be very painful. grrrr....

Any ideas to help it loosen up before 5PM? I don't have a heating pad at my apartment. Already taken 2 Aleve.

2. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    Pick up one of those stick-on heat packs before your shift. You know those ones for backaches and cramps...I forget what they're called. You can keep it on during your shift and no one would know. Can you ask for a stool to sit on?

3. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Unfortunately no, I'm a CSM now so I don't stand in one spot anymore. I LOVE the new position but today...ouch.

4. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    Actually if you think you actually injured it this morning you should ice it instead of putting heat on it. Heat will only increase the swelling.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by