Sneaky little boogers!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Jacky'sMamma, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Jacky'sMamma

Jacky'sMamma Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Antelope, CA
    The kids and I were doing work in the yard yesterday and the chicks (7 weeks old) were wandering around. One of the kids left the door open, I went in for a drink and found the most funny/irritating thing ever! First noticed that they were in the house by all the poop on the floor all through the downstairs. Then walked in on all 5 of them in the kitchen. As I walked in they all turned and looked at me as if surprised to see me, like the naughty teen-ager caught by parents that were supposed to be out of town! I calmly told them that they are not allowed in the kitchen and to get out of the house, much like other teenagers they ignored me and continued to peck at the throw rug. [​IMG]

2. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    Oh, geez, typical!!!! [​IMG]

3. Ericasl

Ericasl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    The Dalles OR
    Hello how funny to catch them in the act. I use to live in Elverta Ca, My ex-husband use to be the manager of Winco Foods there in Antelope.

4. Jacky'sMamma

Jacky'sMamma Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Antelope, CA
    Quote:And you left the rat race.... for Mountian Home? GOOD CHOICE! <iam jealous, can't you tell?!?!> I wanna leave California SOOOOO bad! Love the weather, hate the crowds!

5. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    I think it a riot that they chose the kitchen not the living room and TV [​IMG]

6. Ericasl

Ericasl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    The Dalles OR
    Yes, I have to say I hated the crowds so many people, I also had to drive to Elk Grove to go to work. Mountain Home is so slow and calm the weather is about the same in summer but we are much colder in the winter.

7. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    That is a riot! [​IMG]

8. antiquebuff

antiquebuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Franklin, NC
    This is so funny [​IMG] My Silkies were incubated and it so strange when I let them out of their run to free range all 7 run directly down the hill and stand at the kitchen door! It is the funniest sight! Do you think they rem being there????

9. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Too funny. My 2 and 4 year old sons came in from working in the yard with me the other day and they went down the hallway and started hollering- "Dad! Come look at this!" So I went and looked and found my salmon faverolle rooster investigating the hallway. No idea how long he had been there. He has a habit of exploring anything and everything. We are always shooing him out of areas we don't want him in and we have to double check before we leave any of our sheds to see if he snuck in behind us. Crazy chickens. [​IMG]

10. flock-mama

flock-mama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2008
    Bayfield colorado
    I have a few that TRY to come in. When they do make it in if the door doesn't get shut, I find them on the dryer where I keep the cat food! Sometimes they hide behind recliner chair and run up the hallway. WE notice AFTER stepping in poooo! Discusting! But I still love them! Sneaky for sure!
    Moved out of City life (Ventura 25yrs, paradise 7 yrs california) 8 yrs ago. Loving the country life!!! I can have as many chickens and/or roosters I want!!!!! Love it!

My hubby tries to give me a limit! Ya Right!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by