Sneeze. . . . maybe cough. . . .Still????

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by hannahwren, May 29, 2012.

1. hannahwren

hannahwren Chirping

Feb 22, 2012
    Ok, I noticed a cough, sneeze, an eye bubble on one hen. Then my Roster could not crow an was congested, plus his cone had turned gray. . . .I started Duramycin-10 in their water for 4 days. No change. Then I switched to Tylan 50 orally for 5 days, my Roster started crowing again and a little color came back. . . . but my hen is the same???? What do I do now??? HELP PLEASE, mind you I have wormed, and treated for lice an mites thru out all of this.

2. CowgirlJules

CowgirlJules Songster

Mar 26, 2010
    Atwater, CA
    I hate to say it, but that is exactly how my flock started showing symptoms. They had Infectious Larygnotracheitis, but there are other respiratory diseases with very similar symptoms.

3. hannahwren

hannahwren Chirping

Feb 22, 2012
    O No, I read some of your post earlier today. . . .I am having chicks almost daily right now. Hens are sitting and hatching them, I check thru out the day. As soon as they are dry an fluffy I relocate them to the garage. What can I do?? I am going to re- read your post now. . . NOT READY FOR THIS. . .Any one with ideas, that might help, please. . .

4. hannahwren

hannahwren Chirping

Feb 22, 2012
    And just another note, I added 6 new adults to my group of 7 Cochins ( I know now how wrong this is ) about 3+ months ago, the lil Rosecomb hen had this cough when we got her. . . . not knowing, we just thought she sounded different because she was a different breed. SO STUPID!!!! We have not lost a bird and I will go to any length to save them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: