1. Schnayke

Schnayke Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2010
    Medford, Oregon
    So when I got my chicks, I noticed they both sneezed a bit..
    So now it has been around 6-7 weeks, and one of them sneezes still.
    Yesterday I was letting her run around in her coop, so I was hanging out with her for awhile, and she sneezed like at least once a minute, and she was ether putting out a little spit, or snot I am not sure.
    no runny nose, no gapping mouth, she if growing fast and is fat and happy, runs around and such. No watery eye, or sounds when she breaths.

I was worried she had a cold, or both had a cold when I got them, but now I am wondering if maybe they are just getting food dust in their nose, or dust from the aspen chips.
    what kinda' things are chickens allergic too normally?

Should I just go get some treatment for their water just in case they have a cold? Seems to me it would have developed into something more by now if it was a cold.

2. NCchicken

NCchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2010
    My chicks that I hatched out sneeze too. But they are on pine bedding which produces a lot of dust. As soon as I moved them outside to their big chick coop thy were just fine. If u want u can add some vitamins to their water. I have done that but they still sneeze. You can buy the vitamin supplement from your local feed store. Just read the directions on dosage.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by