Sneezing and clogged nostrils

Misterpigeon124

Songster
Sep 7, 2018
Manteca, CA
So I'll start off by saying, I have had 6 chicks and out of them 4 have died. I have a seperate thread on them, because I treated them with Corid and it stopped the deaths. These were the only 2 chicks to make it past 2 weeks, and start to grow. I live in California and most farm antibiotics are prescription only, so I have to order everything online
1) What type of bird , age and weight (does the chicken seem or feel lighter or thinner than the others.) Silkies, not sure exact age but they're both at least a month and 5 days old.
2) What is the behavior, exactly. They act normal, eating, drinking and play fighting. But they both sneeze and I've been wiping crusted nostrils occasionally. Their sneezing has lessened, but lately one of them has been shutting it's one eye. It can open it but it's more often than not closed. No crust on the eyes. I did notice bubbling from the eye and bubbling from the nostril when sneezing.
3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms? Since I got them
4) Are other birds exhibiting the same symptoms? Yes, showing the same symptoms besides the eye problems.
5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma. No
6) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation.
7) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all. Normal water and medicated starter.
8) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc. Normal
9) What has been the treatment you have administered so far? I gave them Corid, and then treated with Tylan. Tylan did nothing to help.
10 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet? Treat myself, I can't afford to go to a vet.
11) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help.
12) Describe the housing/bedding in use Large dog crate with pine bedding. They sleep in a heating pad cave, which was at 80f but I recently raised it a bit so now its at 75f.

Update: had cloudy gray bubbles in eyes and audible breathing

Respiratory INFECTION for early chick mortality most of the time I recommend Neodox Forte thats work good on chicks with Respiratory Infection
IMG_20171113_151712.jpg

Back
Top Bottom