Sneezing and stretching neck out

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Zealo, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Zealo

Zealo Out Of The Brooder

Oct 8, 2014
    My chicks are about 5 weeks old now and I've noticed that they sneeze now and then. They don't do it often, but enough to get my attention. Their not loud, the only reason I notice is that they shake their head. One of my chicks is also stretching its neck out and opening its beak a few times in a row. Its been getting colder down here, and we've also been sawing wood on occasion.

Also, no one sells pullet finisher in my area.
    How would I go about changing their feed when their older?

2. Wxguru

Wxguru Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2014
    ARKANSAS
    I wouldn't be too worried. I have 3.5 week old chicks right now, and a couple of them have sneezed from time to time, and several have done the same thing with their beaks and necks. I believe they are yawning, and mine usually are sleeping a bit afterwards and when they wake up aren't doing it any more.
    Layer feed wise, I have read on here numerous times of people going from chick feed to layer feed without something in the middle.

3. Zealo

Zealo Out Of The Brooder

Oct 8, 2014
    Thanks Wxguru

This is my first time raising chicks so I'm a bit new to their growing habits.
    I've also become strongly attached to them and get worried when anything out of the ordinary starts to happen. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by