sneezing chick?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by lablover, Apr 14, 2012.

1. lablover

lablover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2012
    Okay, I think that one of my chicks is sneezing. I can't describe it, but what would cause it? It acts fine, eats and drinks.

2. Jkioneil

Jkioneil Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2010
    Oregon
    I have four pullets and now and then they will sneeze too I am hoping everything is normal. Poo is normal, activity level normal, brooder clean, drinking water normal, maybe sometimes they sneeze? I hope someone answers you cuz I am clearly wondering the same thing! I heard putting a little garlic in the water helps is this true? does this require antibiotics? i don't want to over medicate my babies if it is normal

3. Jkioneil

Apr 29, 2010
    Oregon
    I was reading something about GSE for chickens? does anyone know what this is and where to get it and if you can give it to young chicks 3 weeks old and how to give it to them? thanks

4. Jkioneil

Apr 29, 2010
    Oregon
    BUMP<<<<<<<<<

5. Maev

Maev Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2012
    Yakima, WA
    From what I've read it's normal for chicks to sneeze when they're in the brooder because of the dust from the the bedding and etc. My chicks sneezed quite a bit. I searched "sneezing chicks" on the forum and it came up with several different threads. After reading those I decided they were ok. They are now 11 weeks old and very healthy. As long as they are acting normal and don't have any discharge from their nose I think they'll be fine.

6. Jkioneil

Apr 29, 2010
    Oregon
    THANKS!!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by