Sneezing chicken

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Chickengurlz, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Chickengurlz

Chickengurlz Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2012
    I have a seabright pullet and she is constantly sneezing. Also i have a faverolle pullet sneezing but not as much as my little seabright. Im worried.. my poor little baby. im not sure what i should do. and where i am its cold and wet out right now. And some people say chickens can get colds and others say that they can't. Thanks! [​IMG]

2. CayugaLover

CayugaLover The Duck Whisperer

welcome to BYC!! chickens, unfortunately, can absolutely get colds! what you should do is this: separate the very sick birds immediatly. check your flock for any other sneezing/wheezing/other symptoms. do your chickens have bubbly eyes? if you chicken has bubbly eyes and is having a really hard time breathing you might need to give it antibiotics, i don't like antibiotics myself but it's better having a antibioticed chicken than a dead chicken. it's harder when it's cold and wet. :( i hope your chicken gets better soon, make sure it has fresh water and food while it's separated from the other chickens. mostly leave it alone so it can rest.

3. Chickengurlz

Chickengurlz Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2012
    No they are only sneezing and thank you for your advice i will try it out and hope for the best!

4. CayugaLover

okay... i really hope they get better!!!

5. CayugaLover

**BTW if i didn't already mention this try and keep it dry + warm**

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by