1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sneezing chicks....

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Critternator, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Critternator

Critternator New Egg

Feb 4, 2017
    I started out with one chick sneezing and slinging it's head in doing so. Now I have 3 chicks doing the same thing. All are 2-3 weeks old and came from breeders, electrolytes and probiotics in the water. Tylan 50 injectable administered orally in the first chick for 3 days twice a day and it's still sneezing. They all look fine and are eating and drinking normally. The chick I have been giving tylan 50 to had bloody stools but they are gone now. Any advice? I have 19 chicks total and 3 in quarantine in a separate brooder. I will also add there is no discharge coming from their nose.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  2. MasterOfClucker

MasterOfClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    Welcome to BYC!

Is there bedding dusty?How often do you clean there brooder?What was the Tylan dosage you gave them?

3. Critternator

Critternator New Egg

Feb 4, 2017
    I change the pine shavings in the brooder once a week. It is somewhat dry in the room as the hygrometer reads around 35-40% but I'm uncertain how accurate that is. Tylan dose is .25-.30 cc 2x daily orally.

4. MasterOfClucker

MasterOfClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2017

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by