1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sneezing chicks???

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by whychickens2, Mar 28, 2017.

1. whychickens2

whychickens2 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2016
    florida
    Hi
    I bought 9 chicks from tractor supply laat week on tuesday...all seemed healthy one or two sneezed very infrequently when digging around... Now today i come home all seem healthy ,eatting,drinking and running around but a lot of sneezing going on??? Did i make a mistake i really do not want to get my older birds sick in a few weeks if these little ones have anything... What would cause this :/

2. MasterOfClucker

MasterOfClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    Is there Bedding Dusty?Is there food dusty too?Do they have any other symptoms?Discharge for eyes,Labored breathing?

3. whychickens2

Sep 20, 2016
    florida

I'm using pine shavings and dumor chick starter I don't think there's any does or anything that's what I can't figure out and there's no other symptoms. What's worrying me is I had to call myself last year because of mg I really don't want to introduce that too late older pullets that are about to lay. I guess I will have to give it another couple days and see or should I just start them on some kind of antibiotics now just in case

4. MasterOfClucker

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa

5. whychickens2

Sep 20, 2016
    florida
    Over a year ago in the coop yes my chickens don't free range.. I had added seven Birds in October they've all been okay. I have these new chicks in the house in a back bathroom.... the state vet said mg only last about six weeks in the environment at best?

6. MasterOfClucker

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa

7. whychickens2

Sep 20, 2016
    florida
    Yeah we culled all our birds and waited 3 months before getting new birds they have all been ok since i got them. Idk about these new ones :/

8. MasterOfClucker

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by