Sneezing Chicks?

Emmy1030

Hatching
Jan 4, 2022
I have two chicks about four weeks and I’ve had them about a week now. They both are sneezing I believe and it started today. When they sneeze a liquid comes out which I think might be water. They rub their noses on their surrounding so it’s obviously bothering them. I don’t know what to do.

I’m feeding them medicated chick feed, I have them on pine bedding which upon further reading doesn’t seem like the best option so might switch it out tmrw. They’re currently in my room with a heat light on most of the time still so I doubt they’re cold.

I’m feeding them medicated chick feed, I have them on pine bedding which upon further reading doesn’t seem like the best option so might switch it out tmrw. They’re currently in my room with a heat light on most of the time still so I doubt they’re cold.
I said it might be a cold not that they are cold, Everything sounds ok in your set up, it might be just an allergy or dust for the shavings but as long as they are acting normal otherwise, they'll probably be fine.

Definitely found some of mine more sensitive to pine bedding. I ended up using paper towels most of the time with my new ones but we only had 2 new. Hemp is good low dust but there are other options as well. I would keep an eye on the discharge and their behavior, if it gets any worse you might have a respiratory infection.

Back
Top Bottom