1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sneezing chicks!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Swissmiss989, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Swissmiss989

Swissmiss989 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    I have 4 beautiful baby silkies I have just hatched. They are 4 days old. I have them in a small box with wood shavings, fresh water and food. I have a heat lamp over them and I also made them a small place where they can hide from the lamp if they are too hot. They are all peeping and active but they have been sneezing A LOT! Theres one that seems to sneez like 20 times in a row! Whats going on? I have never experance this with babys before! Are they sick? I put save-a-chick in their water today to give them some vitamins. Please help!

2. Swissmiss989

Jun 5, 2011
    Anyone have any information to share?

3. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Quote:im guessing the wood? Take wood out and put paper towels or paper.

4. SIMZ

SIMZ Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    I've had this happen with both of my batches of broilers, but not with regular chicks. In the case of my broilers, it's not seemed to cause any problems with them, even though it makes me worry! I hope it's he same with your babies. Try the towel/paper towel suggestion and see if that works.

Good luck! [​IMG]

5. Swissmiss989

Jun 5, 2011
    Ok ill give it a shot!

6. Lance121

Lance121 New Egg

Apr 8, 2012
    Has changing the bedding helped any? I have 3 Silkies that sneeze every few minutes, but are full of energy and do not act sick.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by