Sneezing chicks

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by 2happymamas, Mar 17, 2013.

1. 2happymamas

2happymamas Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2012
    I bought 20 Cornish Xs on Thursday and they are now 6 days old. We got them from TSC and I do not think they have been vaccinated. Whenever I check the brooder, I can hear them sneezing. They are eating, drinking, and acting like normal chicks.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

2. missnu01

missnu01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2012
    I got what I thought was 10 cornish X from TSC as well and they are all sneezy...I got mine on the 6th though, and 1 turned out to not be a cornish X at all...looks just like my leghorn chicks...anyway I think the sneezing is ok, and perhaps they are just sneezy birds...they sneeze with new bedding, they sneeze with old...I do notice that when the temp is lowered they sneeze less. So perhaps being too hot makes meat birds sneezy..what are you using as bedding?

3. Chambertin

Chambertin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2012
    Funabashi Japan
    My Coop
    Good luck with the chicks.
    Every time I had sneezy ones they ended up being sick and I lost at least a few.

4. SIMZ

SIMZ Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    I think all of my batches of meat birds have been sneezy at one point or another. They've always seemed to get over it with no problems or losses. Keep an eye on them, but as long as they're acting ok they're probably fine. Make sure they're warm enough and not in drafty areas.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by